Hey! I'm A Small Business Owner Like You.
Mike here. And I run an online music education company called ZERMELO.
I sell online courses -- and other digital products -- aimed to help house music producers make better music and achieve their goals.
This website (the one you're reading now) is dedicated to sharing what I learn about business, marketing, email, websites, and everything else along the way.
What you need to run an online, info-product business:
You need four basic things:
- A way to generate traffic
- A way to collect emails
- An email service provider
- A digital product
The basic business model is this: Traffic comes. You collect emails. You sell to your email list.
Here are the tools I use:
Getting traffic and leads:
This traffic is directed to my WordPress website. And these are the tools I use:
- A2 Hosting -- Web hosting for my WordPress websites. I also use A2 to buy domains.
- Astra Themes -- The WordPress theme I use (super lightweight).
- Thrive Themes -- I use Thrive Themes to build WordPress pages (Thrive Architect) and to collect emails (Thrive Leads).
Emailing your leads and customers:
After someone goes to my site and subscribes to my email list, they're sent to ConvertKit. From here, I send emails with more value (blog posts or YouTube tutorials) or let them know about new products and promotions.
- ConvertKit -- This is my email service provider.
- Deadline Funnel -- I use this to create authentic sales deadlines.
Selling digital products:
Like I mentioned above, I sell music production courses and some digital download products.
- Kajabi -- I use Kajabi to host my online courses and as the payment processor/checkout system.
- ThriveCart -- I use ThriveCart as a checkout cart and product delivery service for my downloadable products.
Which tools I use the most:
The products that are at the core of my business -- the ones I interact with on a daily basis: